Thursday 12 April 2012

DOGS - A gorgeous German Magazine

DOGS is a beautiful magazine produced by a small dedicated team of people in Hamburg, Germany. In my opinion DOGS is one of, if not THE best Dog Magazine in the world!!! I just wish it was also published in English, as my German is worse than my French, therefore pretty much non existent!


Last year while I was working in Provence I was visited and interviewed by the editor of DOGS magazine Germany, Thomas Niederste-Werbeck. A wonderful feature on my work as a photographer was not the only outcome of this visit, I now have a great friendship and working relationship with Thomas and the team at DOGS. Over the past 6 months I have visited Germany to create a number of cover images for the Magazine as well as a couple of feature articles......


This image was chosen from my collection of images, an image I have always loved but it has never been used, it was great to see it used on the cover of the 5th Anniversary issue.


Lotte, a gorgeous Kelpie Cross from just outside Dusseldorf.
The first of the 'readers' dogs I photographed for a cover.




Lulu, a fun loving Boston Terrier from Hamburg


Indira & Charlie, two beautiful cuddly and affectionate Newfoundlands from another little village near Dusseldorf.



Charlie reminded me so much of my old boy Henry, who was the love of my life for 7 and a half years.

I also photographed an article on 'Small Dogs' which was a lot of fun; Chihuahuas, Pomeranians, Boston Terriers, Papillons, Coton du Tulears, a Miniature Poodle and a Miniature Pinscher....some of the dogs were photographed in France and the others were photographed in Germany.


Lulu & Georgina, Boston Terriers from Germany


Alice, a Chihuahua from France


Chipie, a Miniature Pinscher from France


Lulu & Georgina at play

In late December 2011, Andy and I flew to Orlando, Florida to photograph the Eukanuba World Challenge Dog Show. This is a unique show where winning Dogs from Countries Worldwide meet to compete for the ultimate position of Champion World Dog. It was a challenging but fun project to shoot, very different to what I have photographed before, but DOGS were pleased, so I was happy :)


The Overall Winner 'Reckon' an Australian Shepherd from the USA


The stunning Afghan 'Colin' from Germany


'Suni' a beautiful Saluki representing Switzerland


A Dobermann from Argentina struts his stuff


A last minute groom for 'Reckon'


Opening Ceremony


A final groom before entering the ring


The handsome Staffordshire Bull Terrier representing New Zealand


'Colin' strides around the ring

I'm loving working with the team at DOGS, and look forward to sharing more images created for the magazine with you in the future.










No comments:

Post a Comment